There are several things about Lady Gaga which are seemingly peculiar to love. Her outlandish way of presenting herself with flashy and audacious dresses is one of those things that her little German “monsters” learned to love. However, despite the scrutinizing eyes of media (which never fail to comment her very creative way of defining fashion), she remains to be one of the most popular artists around the world, having 36 million followers on Twitter, and tagged as the most influential celebrity of this generation.
‘Poker Face’ and Crazy Shoes
Due to her undying popularity, her name overwhelmingly reached every single website, including the prominent German online poker portal, partypoker de. Her songs became popular to Germans because of its catchy tunes and controversial lyrics which later on gained massive favorable responses — even at online poker tables. After she confessed in an interview that her song ‘Poker Face’ did in fact “speak in reference to the poker game, ‘Texas Hold Em”, poker players at online German poker tables began to have an increasing interest in the singer. Apart from songs, her recent appearances intensified her fame as it began a fiery controversy as she has often been seen wearing various ‘unearthly’ shoe styles. To perfectly give you examples, we provided top 5 controversial shoe styles that she once famously worn.
· Meat Shoes. During the VMA Awards, Lady Gaga tried to match up her extreme meat outfit with meat shoes. Her outfit and her shoes are said to be kept in a museum—as requested by the Monster Queen herself.
· Her ‘2010 Grammy Awards’ Glittery Shoes. The sparkly shoes were designed with an eccentric platform/heel matched with tights and a solar system themed dress. Her fans in Germany actually wondered how the Monster Queen managed to stay balanced despite the oddly shaped shoes.
· Alexander McQueen Shoes. The Monster Queen wore these in “Bad Romance” music video. According to several websites, she seemed to have a growing fondness for the strange shoe designs. The shoes which were featured in the video were covered with fancy material and glittery studs. All in all, the shoes still look excruciating.
· Tall Platforms. An enormous pair of shoes designed with gold trappings at the top, Lady Gaga used to wear such tall platforms to make her stand out from the crowd.
· Overly Studded Platforms. Lady Gaga was seen wearing a few of these several times on the red carpet. Usually covered with gold studs, these tall platforms attracted huge attention worldwide. The shoes are said to be over ten inches tall. Truly, Lady Gaga chose to be fashionable than to wear something comfortable.